St. Christopher’s began as a mission in 1948. Construction on the current church was completed in 1955. St. Christopher’s received parish status in 1965. In the past few years, the facilities have been expanded and the scope of ministry has increased. The congregation has a significant role in the life of the rapidly growing area of Bandera County.
The town of Bandera lies approximately 50 miles northwest of San Antonio. It is the county seat of Bandera County. A mixture of ranching, tourism, hunting, fishing and, increasingly, retirement households support the area’s economy. Bandera is the site of numerous outdoor festivals and is known as the ‘Cowboy Capital of the World.’